8 Secrets of Truly Rich - Chapter 15

8 Secrets of the Truly Rich

By: Bo Sanchez
Buy your own copy at any National Bookstore Outlet

Enlarge Your Skills to Match
the Size of
Your Psychological Wallet


Do you see a man skilled in his works?
He will serve before kings; he will not serve before obscure men.
- Proverbs 22:29

My son believes he's rich.
So when he sees someone in need, he says, "I have money. Let's give him money." His psychological wallet is big.
For a long time, we were praying for a friend's baby who needed a liver transplant. My friend needed P3 million for the surgery.
After our usual evening prayers, my son asked me, "Daddy, why don't you give P3 million to that baby?"
I almost choked. "Because I don't have P3 million."
And then it hit me: What's stopping me from earning P3 million a month?
Only two things: My beliefs and my skills.
First, I don't see myself earning P3 million a month. I can't imagine it.
And what I cannot see in my mind will never happen in reality.
But the moment my heart believes it can happen, then it becomes possible.
But here's the other factor: I also don't have the level of skill necessary to earn P3 million a month.
And so that's what I'm trying to do now.
I'm learning from various mentors and filling the gaps in my skill level.
So now, I'm earning more about marketing , from direct marketing to internet, from copywriting to selling, etc.
I'm also learning more about investing in stocks - here and abroad.
And I'm learning how to run more complex operations.
I've already enlarged my psychological wallet.
Now, I need to enlarge my skills to match the size of my psychological wallet.
Do the same. Ask yourself and ask your mentors: What skills do I need?

No comments: